Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Discarded cigarette butts could result in tragedy

It is with a heavy heart that I write today. Last week as I was picking up some trash I again saw and picked up cigarette butts in the dry grass along Countyman Creek Road. I don’t understand how people can be so totally heartless when a fire could be the lives and homes of others and even their own, if the fire went completely out of control.
This is not an isolated incident. I pick up cigarette butts frequently. The Canadian fire gives us pause, if nothing else will.
Please keep your cigarette butts in your vehicles and dispose of them properly. Let’s be good neighbors.

Mildred Meroney
Columbus